I hope to learn the way I’ve been throughout this whole year. I can’t say I want anymore because I love how it is now. I just want to have fun and enjoy my time with my classmates in this short amount of time we have left together.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
a year of progress, a year in review... This year I have expanded my growth tremendously. I have been able to more fully grasp what it is to put out music, to make music, and to really invest in music. Before this year, $20 was the most I'd spend on a record - maybe $50 if I'm wild. Then a great friend told me ... "IF you want the GOOD stuff; you're gonna have to pay." I began to manage money so I could invest in big money records - and that's where the fun came in! I've also more fully grasped the game of being an audiophile. I keep learning and improving my recording techniques, my remastering skills and becoming more wise as to what cartridge will make my records sound the BEST. I've had the privilege to even remaster a record that was previously unreleased for a client interested in my work! I have also been able to fulfill my dream of joining a band. A band that plays the kind of music I like! This has led to my next majo...
The Teamates Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s a small world?” I have definitely been able to connect myself with that saying recently! Recently, I had picked up the above record pictured; “Calendar of Love” by The Teamates. I am familiar with the “Le-Mans Records” record label, as one of my teachers & mentors to the music - Louis Longo recorded with his group on the label. I refer to Louis as uncle Louis, as we are close in that aspect; anyways - the label sparked interest! I got a hold of my uncle and I had asked him “Didn’t you record a single for Le-Mans with your group the Four Tiers?” He confirmed it, and mentioned that the Teamates are his close friends; “The Brooks Four!” The Brooks Four went by several names which included: The Four Winds, & The Teamates. Given that my uncle is close friends with The Brooks Four, they actually recorded a record together. In 1965, Robert “Bobby” Paladino (lead singer of The Brooks Four) wrote out an original compositio...
Xicano Record Co. EST 2015 In 2015 I had the idea to start a record label that would be able to represent who I am as a person and the music I love to play and seek out. Eventually, learning to love my Chicano background and my community full of Chicanos and the lowrider culture all around, I decided to name my record label "Chicano records" … but spelled with an “X” in front of it. Why so? In Nahuatl (the Mexican Uto-Aztecan language,) the “X” is pronounced “CH” and is a first generation way of spelling “Chicano.” I wanted to use the X to symbolize my love for finding ORIGINAL and hard to find oldies on their native formats - the vinyl record. For some time - the idea for this record label sat dormant; EVEN after I started to promote it and out its name out there. It was until I entered Dr. Preston’s English 3 class where he promoted a “Big Question” in our lives that revived my pursuit for building this record label. He urged me to follow my passion of...
Comments
Post a Comment